Friday, May 9, 2008

Goodbye Costa Rica

Well, am now in Panama but I'll update with news on my new country soon. For now stories of my last week ....

On Thursday it was my last day at the Guarderia so I said goodbye to my little angels and I have to admit I shed a slight tear when I said goodbye to the women there. They were so sweet, they gave me goodbye cards and a couple of little presents, one of which being a Costa Rica mug (because I like my coffee), lovely thought but a tad impractical as I'm now having to lug a mug around with me in my backpack !

I just spent Friday and Saturday chilling out and being domestic, getting all my clothes washed as I'm on the road again for 2 more weeks.

So goodbye Costa Rica, goodbye San Jose, I won't miss all of the "people from the US" but I have some great memories namely ....

- Nearly dropping the motorbike in La Fortuna with Dermot still sitting on the back while the little engine struggled admirably to get us both up a steep incline.

- Playa Samara (apart from the vomiting), great beach.

- Graffiti everywhere in San Jose - No TLC, I thought they were protesting about too much tender loving care but it's something to do with a free trade agreement with USA.

- Volcan Poas, my first successful volcano trip !

- The knee high gutters in San Jose !

- Arguing with Melanie about whether or not England is a country.

- Apparently Panama and Belize aren't actually in Central America according to Betty but could she find out why on google ? I'm still confused !

Anyway, I'm going to start another story now as I want to show seperate map points for my trip to the Caribbean coast !

Source : Traveljournals.net

No comments: